Friday, November 29, 2013

R.I.T. Alles passes away


R.I.T. Alles, one of the best educationists Sri Lanka has produced, passed away today, aged 81 years.

The father of MP Tiran Alles, Harsha Alles and the late Malik Alles, he was the founding principle of D.S. Senanayake Vidyalaya in Colombo.

He also founded Gateway International School.

Ralf Ignatius Thomas Alles was state secretary of education from 1989 to 1993.

Educated at St. Aloysius College, Galle and St. Anthony’s College, Kandy, he started as a teacher and served as the deputy principal of Royal College, Colombo.

His wife, Rohini Alles, too, is a teacher of Royal College, Colombo.

Funeral arrangements will be notified later

1 comment:

  1. Sir R.I.T Alles was my mother's younger brother's principal in the D S. And my school chairman in Gateway College. It was a great shock to know he passed away.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails