Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I have not changed - Hirunika Premachandra



Hirunika Premachandra the daughter of late Baratha Lakshman Premachandra said yesterday, that she has not changed despite the obstacles she has faced during the year after the death of her father.

“It’s been close to a year since my father was murdered and Hirunika that spoke to you a year ago is still unchanged.It is the same Hirunika that speaks before you today. I will continue to fight until my father is given justice,” she told media.

Speaking to reporters outside the Magistrate's Courts Complex after the hearing of the case, Hirunika said she would continue to stay strong despite the obstacles she would have to face. “I thank everyone who has been with us and all those who tried to push me down. It is because of those who tried to push me down that I have continued to fight and stay strong until my father is given justice”.

Premachandra also questioned the basis under which MP Duminda Silva has been granted leave.

“How can a man who is not mentally stable continue to get leave from parliament ? During the last hearing the lawyers of the accused, after showing X-ray, stated that the damage to the brain was serious and he couldn't be cured. However, on the other hand he was continuously being granted leave and I don’t understand how that can happen. The way things are going he might be granted leave from Parliament for the next ten years,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails