Thursday, November 15, 2012
Over 1000 students in Gampola hospitalized
Over 1000 students in Gampola Jinaraja Balika Vidyalaya were hospitalized this morning, as a result of an alleged allergic reaction.
The students had complained of nausea and skin irritation and had been immediately hospitalized after their condition turned severe. Gampola Hospital Director Sarath Weerabandara said they suspect the allergic reaction could have been caused by a chemical pollution in the area.
It is said over 2000 students were present at school today.
The school has been closed for two days until the cleansing and fumigation of the school premises are completed.