Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pushpika to make Sri Lanka proud




Miss Sri Lanka for Miss World 2011 Pushpika Sandamali De Silva is now in Egypt to compete at the Top Model of the World 2013 pageant which starts today. The prestigious week long pageant ends next Sunday with a grand finale.

Pushpika, participated in a training stint in India as a lead up to the big event and left for Egypt last Friday. Since winning Sri Lanka’s most prestigious beauty crown in 2011, Pushpika has had a busy schedule. While participating in the Miss World 2011 in London she was selected for the semi-finals of the mini pageant - Beauty with a Purpose.

“I want to bring more international glory to my country. I am really thankful to my sponsors, especially to Raja Jewellers who have given me the financial backing and the Sunday Observer and TV Derana for being media partners. I will make every effort to make my presence felt at the Top Model of the World 2013 pageant,” Pushpika said shortly before her departure.

The stage is set for the Top Model of the World 2013 which will be held for the 20th consecutive year with the grand finale scheduled for March 31 in El Gouna, Egypt. Nearly 60 countries will take part in the competition organised by the World Beauty Organisation, an international company based in Panama City, Panama.

“It is a great privilege in my professional career as a beauty queen and a model. Sri Lanka has never taken part in the Top Model of the World competition before and I am confident that I could make a dream debut for my country,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails